Garfield County Health District
To report a public health emergency or a notifiable condition, please call Garfield County Health District: (509) 843-3412.
After hours call the Sheriff's Office: (509) 843-3494
Contact Information: Hours:
121 South 10th St. Mon.-Friday: 8:00-12:00pm
P.O. Box 130 1:00-4:00pm
Pomeroy WA 99347
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to professional, caring services that motivate individuals to a higher level of physical, mental, and environmental health awareness and responsibility.
Roles of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Public Health and Safety Laws
For more on Public Health and Safety Laws click here.