Garfield County Building Permit Application Process
- Obtain the building permit packet to access all documents needed (including permit application), and instructions click: Permit Packet (all inclusive).
- Print out the application and completely fill it out. The application including: plans, construction plans, and architectural drawings must be filled out using BLUE INK and submitted to Garfield County Public Works.
Submit Applications Monday thru Thursday between 7:00am-4:30pm.
- Submit your completed Permit Application to Garfield County Public Works. Applications must be mailed or delivered in person. (Emailed or electronic copies will not be processed.)
- After submitting your application, the Pubic Works Department will meet with the Health District, Sheriff's Department, and the County Treasurer's Office to discuss project specifics. Each department will contact you if additional information or other permitting is required for your project. (Time to process the required documents is dependent upon the complexity of your building project.)
- The Public Works Department contacts you notifying you that all agencies finished reviewing your application .
- Prior to issuance of building permit, the Building Inspector will notify you of the required Building Permit Fee. Permit Fees must be paid prior to issuance of the Building Permit.
RECEIVE YOUR PERMIT AND BUILD!!!
(ALL APPLICABLE FEES SHALL BE DOUBLED IF APPLICATION FOR PERMIT HAS NOT BEEN MADE BEFORE STARTING WORK!)
Building Permit Process Forms
Building Permit Applications
- Building Permit Application - PDF
- Resolution Establishing Fees and Charges - PDF
* PDF Format can be used to print and fill out by hand, or refer to as a resource
* Word Format can be used to fill out electronically!