To report a public health emergency or a notifiable condition, please call Garfield County Health District: (509) 843-3412.
After hours call the Sheriff's Office: (509) 843-3494
Vaccine Information Sheets - Center for Disease Control
- Environmental Health & Food Safety
We are committed to professional, caring services that motivate individuals to a higher level of physical, mental, and environmental health awareness and responsibility.
Roles of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Public Health and Safety Laws
For more on Public Health and Safety Laws click here.
121 South 10th St.
email us at: healthco.garfield.wa.us
|Monday - Friday